Did you know
that our raspberry disc can double the productivity of tartlets in an industrial bakery?
Efficiency and process optimization are a constant challenge in the food industry. Maintaining the quality of a finished product by monitoring incoming ingredients and regulating the production process precisely are important to be successful.
In the bakery industry in particular, the production of tartlets is an intensive process. This is the reason why a major European industrial bakery wanted to revise their production process of frozen raspberry tartlets.
Raspberry tartlets with neatly arranged raspberries are a classical product in the French pastry segment. It is a popular item in bakery cafés (in-restaurant consumption) and in coffee shops (on the go).
The production of raspberry tartlets with arranged raspberries is a very demanding process in terms of time and quality.
- Constant quality: stabilise the weight per tartlet
- Constant visual aspect: the tartlets need to have a beautiful identical look in the bakery shop window
- Reduce the loss of raspberries
- Reduce the production cost
I analysed the problems and worked together with the customer to find a solution.
- I observed the production in the industrial bakery and together with the customer we mapped the different process steps & we measured the cost & time of each step
- Losses: the customer lost part of his raw material, because the fruits were not calibrated.
The temperature in the production hall was too high to work with a fragile fruit like raspberries
- The pre-formed frozen raspberry disc on a fruit puree base is ready to use
- The calibrated raspberries offer a constant & neat visual aspect
- Controlling the cold chain during the whole process is key. Dirafrost's refrigerated production area allows to preserve the beautiful visual aspect of the raspberries and prevents the fruit from drying.
- Optimised packaging for the production of pastry on automatic production lines
- Beautiful visual aspect of the tartlets thanks to calibrated raspberries
- Production cost optimisation
- Increased productivity: shorter production time & it is possible to double the number of pieces produced per hour
- The quality of our raspberries, a variety especially selected by our R&D Manager, that fitted this project
- The packaging was especially designed for easy use in an industrial set-up:
- Blue inner bag allowing easy manipulation of the tartlets in production
- Protective bubble sheet between the layers of raspberry discs to prevent broken raspberries
- The approachability and responsiveness of our commercial and R&D team and the time invested in research, advice and testing.